Hey baby! Is jazz your bag? Ready to get down to some 18 karat grooves? Then jitterbug your way over to the Angela Peralta barrelhouse this Sunday March 1st at noon, where you’ll be able to groove to the sounds of ragtime, Dixieland, New Orleans, swing, and blues.
Closing out this year’s Camerata Gordon Campbell series will be the group “Hot Jazz,” which includes seven very talented musicians from Mexico, the USA, Poland and Spain:
- Maciej Bosak on licorice stick (clarinet)
- Jose Ramon Sanchez, a sraw boss on the popsicle stick (saxophone)
- Robby McCabe, who’s wild on the trumpet
- Hector Company Albert on the sackbut (trombone)
- Polo Carillo, a finger zinger on the jazz box (guitar)
- Oscar Corral, who Bose bounces the bass, and
- Edmundo Langner Romero, who will be pounding the tubs (drums).
Below is the Maestro and his wife’s Behind-the-Chamber preview of the upcoming concert:
Tickets are 200 pesos for this concert and can be purchased at the TAP box office or online.
You may be wondering where this Boogie Woman’s sudden turn of jazz phrasing comes from? I’d like to credit All About Jazz’s “Jazz Slang.“