Many of you have asked for details about the spring equinox events this year in our World Heritage petroglyph site, Las Labradas. It is definitely growing and becoming more organized every year. Today the State Secretary of Tourism published this guide. You can search “Las Labradas” on this blog for driving instructions, details, photos and videos of past events. I am sooooo happy the local community is involved and beginning to benefit from this terrific event, and that it serves to preserve the heritage of this region.
For those of you who don’t read Spanish:
- 9-10: Meditation and yoga
- 9-2: Exposition and sale of organic products and regional handicrafts, guided tours, ulama (ancient ball game) demonstrations, natural medicine and individual cleansing (usually a curandero working with smoke and plants)
- 11-11:30: Ribbon cutting/official opening
- 11:30-12:30: Presentation of two books, “Las Labradas” and “The Tropic of Cancer” (History of southern Sinaloa)
- 11-1: Mayan Dances—Yoreme ceremonial ritual
- 1: Group cleansing
- 1-5: Restaurant service in Chicayota pueblo with traditional meal including ballusa and maguey flower.
For those of you who would like transportation to and from, Sinaloa Adventures tour agency, tel 191-20-05 (Laura Purón) is offering two packages, priced at 225 pesos and 390 pesos respectively.
What a fantastic day!! Absolutely wonderful to be part of it…do it again next year
So glad you enjoyed it, Lorraine! Thank you for checking back in!